(Back when the babe was itty bitty)
I'm nearing the end of my 6th pregnancy (I'm 38 weeks today, so not too much longer!) and am feeling reflective. This is nothing new; just good reminders!
Ten Things to Remember during Pregnancy
- Growing a life is a miracle. A wonder. An amazing gift from God. Don't forget it.
- You are not getting fatter. Your body is making room for your baby to grow.
- Very few women look like the pregnancy models. Pregnant women are all beautiful because of what's going on inside of them; not what they look like on the outside.
- I repeat: you are not fat. You're gonna need to remember this one.
- Not every one gets to do this. Lots of women long for the opportunity that you have. Don't forget that.
- Pregnancy doesn't last forever.
- Pregnancy is a not a condition. It is not a problem to be treated (unless, of course, you're having a problem).
- Nurturing a child in your womb is a wonderful thing. But you're certainly not the first one. Don't be a demanding pregnant diva. Please.
- Everyone has a theory/desire/soapbox about laboring and giving birth. Do what feels right for you and your family. And don't feel guilty.
- Babies are a blessing!