Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sweet Tooth Satisfied

I hate it when people look at my kids like they are starving children in Africa when my children (who, by the way are total believers in the movement), tell them that we don't eat sugar.  "You mean you never get treats?"  HA!  We have treats all the time!  Like the last 2 afternoons....this fall-ish treat takes 10 minutes and is SUCH  a treat.  Enjoy!

Healthy Carmel Corn

8 cups popped popcorn
1 cup nuts
1/3 cup honey
3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
2tbsp. butter

Spread popcorn and nuts out on greased baking sheet or 9x13 pan.

Heat honey and maple syrup in a small saucepan on medium-high heat to boiling.  Boil for 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.  Pour mixture over popcorn and nuts, stirring until popcorn and nuts are covered evenly.  Try not to let the mixture sink to the bottom of the pan while stirring.

Let cool and enjoy!

This also makes a nice homemade gift at Christmas time, when nicely wrapped.

I don't often add the nuts.  I prefer the popcorn to be more heavily covered in the sweetness.  Either way, this totally satisfies my afternoon sweet tooth!!!



Posted by Danneca

2 comments:

Krista said...

um....YUMMY! I will def be trying this out at my house. My sweet tooth is my nemisis!!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness. This recipe sounds amazing! I have a total popcorn love right now so this is right up my alley ;)